Home         Order Form          Contact Info          Company History          Links          Gallery

Edgar County Title History


Click for more
larger view
In 1977, Max Williams organized and started the Edgar County Title Company, which was first located at 110 South Central. Later locations included 110 West Washington and the Kenmore Building. The present location at 206 W. Washington was acquired in 1991 after the Nelson Title Company went out of business. Housed at the Washington Street location is the Edgar County tract index of all recordings
Click for more
larger view
listed for all properties in the county, dating back to 1820. The Records and microfilm provide a history of either selling, buying, or doing refinancing through the years, based on where the loan was obtained. The company is here to do a search of the property and give title evidence in the form of an extension of an abstract or title insurance. Occasionally the firm also provides certificates of title.